- Captured dowels are retained in precision bushings. Concentricity between the dowel and the O.D. of the bushing is held to .0003, providing exceptional location accuracy.
- The captured dowel is sized to fi t P/N 10063 (Stevens precision bushing) which is installed in the mounting surface.
- The dowel may be removed from the bushing, if necessary, by taking out the retaining screw at the lower end.
- When the screw is withdrawn, a spring loaded mechanism lifts the screw clear of the surface below. This prevents the screw from hanging up on the threads below.
- The screw may be removed, if necessary, by pushing it upward.